1/30/2012

New Chapter

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end."

It is so strange to me.. its almost not real. In just two short days, I will be leaving my small town for who knows how many years. I feel like I have waited forever for this moment to come. This is my university or college, this is my world of work, this is my next step in life. I am finally moving on, and growing up. It is the end of a chapter, a turning of the page, to start something completely new. People have asked me how my parents feel about me leaving.. Its hard to say. I assume they feel like most parents do when they send their kids off into the big bad world. Scared, nervous, excited, happy, sad, anxious. I know that my parents have raised me with good morals and life lessons, I also know that they have good faith that I will use what they have taught me and make good choices. But like any parent would be, they are scared or nervous for what I will have to face on my own. The decisions I will make without asking them first, or the people that I will meet, the unfamiliar faces that they won't know. When people ask how I am feeling about leaving, if I'm excited or nervous.. its hard to say. Depends on my mood that day really. But to generalize.. I am the most excited I've been for anything in my life, I've worked hard and done what I had to do to get this experience to happen. I'm nervous that I won't be liked.. I do not know a single soul that will be working with me as a 'Red Coat' and I am worried that I might not be liked. I will absolutely stick out like a sore thumb, with my canadian accent, ridiculous amount of plaid shirts, and of course, my cowboy hat. I'm sad that I am leaving my family, two years will go by fast, for sure.. But not seeing my mom or dad, going to Toronto to visit Nicholas, or watching my younger siblings grow over the next two years, will be very difficult. I feel as though I am at a great place in my life, I have a full time job, a good circle of friends, a fabulous room mate, and a loving family. Which makes me sad again, because I am ending this chapter of my life, with good hopes that my next chapter will be just as happy. I know that the people who mean most in my life, will put the effort in to stay in touch while I'm gone.. but no matter what, when I come home, things will be different. People will move on, relationships will change. You can never step in the same river twice, so I will just have to hope for the best.

I have said most of my goodbyes to people, and I just have one last, big get together with a bunch of family and friends on Thursday. It will be good to see everyone one last time before I leave, then I'm on my flight the next night. Dad is coming with me for the first 10 days, to set me up and visit some friends. It will be a longgggg day of travelling. I am taking an overnight flight on Friday night, arriving on Saturday morning. Unfortunately my working visa doesn't allow me to be in England until February 5th. Yup, you are reading that correctly.. I cannot be in England until Sunday. I can't wait to sit in the airport for 18 hours, (I am not kidding at all), until it becomes Sunday. My 12 hour day of travelling, just jumped to a full 26. Then once I am finally allowed to step on British land, my journey will begin.

For those of you who don't know what I am about to spend the next few years doing.. just go to www.butlins.com I will be working and living at that resort. I am known as a 'Red Coat'.. which essentially is a host to the resort. Doing things from the entertainment shows at night, or the kids activities during the day. I won't have time to update the blog before I leave, so wish my luck, and you'll all hear from me on the other side.

Stay tuned, coming up next.. Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment