3/06/2012

Circus is Over!

Another amazing weekend at Butlins. The theme for this weekend was clowns.. not to my personal excitement. I struggle with the idea of thousands of people fully dressed up in weird unmatching suits, neon coloured hair, awkwardly large shoes, painted faces and odd props. The whole thing just freaks me out. My weekend began on Friday working reception in the Skyline. For two hours, guests come to me with their information and booking number, I find their name and give them the keys to the room. While doing this, clowns that had already checked in, were surrounding the area. I met a really nice clown, who told me he was the only American clown in the resort. He thought that I was american as well, which offended me slightly, as I am Canadian, and apparently no one can tell the difference. Most of the families that checked in, didn't actually know that it was a clown weekend, and to no surprise, most of the kids were absolutely terrified. Friday night, I worked in 'the Zone' with Nathan, another red. There ended up being about 6 kids that showed up, aged 13-17. We spent a few hours playing on the Wii, Xbox, watching music videos, and playing pool. Then I had the rest of my night off. Lucky for me, I had all of Saturday off, so I stayed far away from the Skyline and avoided clowns at all cost. Sunday I worked a lot of the kids club type activities. I had stage school in the zone where I learned how to spin plates, played some games with younger kids, and taught them a dance with Tiffany, another red. There was a clown parade in town so that is where all the clowns went, even though it poured down rain. Monday, everyone left, and a new crop of families moved onto resort. I worked the main gate for a few hours and met a bunch of new resort safety guys. Then I spent some time with Billy the Bear, then swanned the Skyline. I worked in Center Stage that night as well, and it wasn't too busy. Today I watched 'Little Big Club' with Pingo's fun fitness, Bob the builder in Sunflower Valley, and Barney too! I'm now off for a few hours until I go into the Skyline tonight for Tots Disco.

After work tonight, a bunch of the reds are going to Hatters I believe. This is one of the bars in town which when busy turns into a good night out with cheap drinks. This week the resort isn't too full so it gives more of an opportunity to bond with families, and make a difference in their kids vacations. We can add 'sparkle'. Friday all of the families will head home, and then its another adult weekend. This one is Soul & Motown. On Saturday its one of the girls birthdays so we are all going out in fancy dress I think. Should be another good night. I don't work much this weekend, but I do have activities training, so hopefully I can move into being an Activities Red soon! Since I have a few hours off now, Im going to watch 'The Little Rascals' and enjoy a cup of tea. As always, everything here is great, loving life!

1 comment:

  1. Ha Carlie this is supremely awesome. Really happy your having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete