3/14/2012

They're 2, They're 4. They're 6, They're 8

Since we've spoken last, i've done quite a bit of stuff! I spent my Wednesday morning with Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends. It was a great show, and even better, i've had his theme song stuck in my head all week.. "They're two they're four they're six they're eight, Shunting trucks and hauling freight, red and green and brown and blue, they're the really useful crew! All with different roles to play, Round tidmouths or far away, Down the hills and round the bends, Thomas and friends!" After starting my day with Thomas, I then got to spend some time with Ludo! Ludo is the big green dinosaur, in the new Butlins advert. Thursday I had a 'Big Art Attack' with kids 5-8. We traced our hands and got to decorate them with sparkles, tissues, markers, anything messy really. Then we put them all together to make a big art attack. I love doing these sessions because you get a lot of one on one time with the kids, and they become your friend for the week. Its amazing how you can make their day by just coloring a picture with them. Its pretty sweet. Later that day after a few other details, I spent some time in the Puppet Castle, on a jungle adventure! It was pretty awesome! Friday I hung out with Pingu for a bit, then said good bye to all of the families, as it was time for the adult weekend to begin!

Friday afternoon I was on reception again, checking in the parties, and then off to three hours of 'Road Map'. This is part of Butlins training that we do, helping us understand the culture and ways of not only Butlins, but of being a Red. After training I was off until Sunday morning. Friday night we started off at one of the other accommodations playing party games and then heading out to Center Stage. The accom was packed and it was a really great night out with the other reds. Saturday morning started off with a hangover, but I was up and ready for some shopping with my british mama. We went to portsmouth which is just about a 30 minute drive and it is a cute little town with a mall and lots of shops. It was a really good way to start my day. Unfortunately I only had about 3 hours sleep to last me until Sunday. Saturday night was one of the other Reds birthdays, so we went to her accom for predrinks. By the time we left the accom, after many rounds of "we like to drink with canada", I didn't last too long at Center. I was ready to go home, so in my heels walking down the stairs with Louis, I wiped out. Tumbling down a few steps in my heels, and hitting my ribs off the banister. At the time, I laughed it off, got to main floor, took off the heels and walked home. Sunday morning I woke up with a bruise on my left ribs, and my left leg from my knee down to my ankle is bright blue. My right ankle is somewhat swollen and it is in a serious amount of pain. My training on Sunday went from about 1130-4, and then I spent the rest of my night relaxing and watching friends, as I literally had no energy left in me. Monday morning all of the adults left, and it was the beginning of another family week. Because school is in now, it tends to be a lot of younger kids and the resort is only about half full. I worked reception and then Center Stage which is always a good time. Center Stage's show was Lazy Town which I got to see for the first time, and then I took a picture with Stephanie, Sportakus and Robbie Rotten. It was really good. Tuesday I spent the day on activities with my room mate, Chloe. It was so much fun as the activity sessions were small and we had a lot of one to one time with the same kids. It was really sweet. This brings us to today. So far I have hung out with Dino and Darwin which are two little Dinosaurs. One is green, and the other is orange. They are best friends that were born at Butlins. Im now off to swan the skyline, and then tonight I am in Center to watch Street life and Festival. Have a fabulous day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment