5/07/2012

Gators in London

I was planning on going to London with Matt last week, but because we live in England, the weather was supposed to be miserable that day, so we passed on it, and went to Chichester instead. It ended up being a gorgeous day out, and was nice to leave the bubble. We walked through the town, did a bit of shopping, and went to the famous nandos. Everyone here has an obsession with this restaurant. It is mainly meals with some sort of chicken and you can choose the level of hotness. I went with Hot because I like things spicy and most british foods are very bland anyways, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. Nothing Franks Red Hot couldn't have prepared me for. I was wrong! Half way through my wrap I was near tears at the table. Matt found this funny, my tongue and lips were burning for at least another hour after leaving. When walking through the town, there was a guy singing and playing guitar so we sat down to listen for a bit. A few songs in, and he sang Free Falling. There really isn't a day that goes by that Neil doesn't cross my mind. It was a small reminder from him, knowing hes always with me. He was the cherry on top of my perfect sundae.

At some point during the week, Matt and I went on a double date with another redcoat and resort safety. This would be Paul and Gemma. At first I was unsure about Paul, as I am quite protective of Gemma. Shes my babygirl, and my one of my closest friends here. She is Butlins tallest female redcoat, and an amazing DJ. Her siblings are lovely and I can't wait until she takes me home with her so I can spend time with her family. We went to a cute little spot in town and had a good laugh out. It was nice to not really be with a large group of ents. I loved the double date, and knowing Gemma, she'll be pushing for another one.

Friday was the start of the football weekend, and as i have nothing nice to say, i will say nothing at all.

I spent all day Saturday with my future room mate Ella, shopping for stuff for our accom. It was a really nice day out for some bonding and we found the cutest stuff for our accom. We are quite similar in tastes, and although not too loud, definitely has a funny side. I enjoy her company and know that we don't have to go out and do a ton of stuff, we can just sit in a chat for hours. Shes a good friend to have here and im looking forward to seeing where it goes. Saturday night, Matt and I were going to go for dinner, but the Beachcomber was packed so we ended up ordering pizza, having a drink in center stage, then going home and watching a bit of Harry Potter. It was a nice night in, as it doesn't matter where we go, I just like being around him.

Sunday morning, I woke up, got ready and headed off to the train station. The weather was rainy and cold, as to be expected of typical british weather. I was on my way to London. Michelle Presse and Chris Madronich, two very good canadian friends of mine that I went to school with back home, were in London, so we all met up. Michelles sister Nicole was there as well. Michelle has spent almost a year in Italy as an au pair, and wanted to come and see London. Her sister just arrived in Italy to be an au pair as well, so they came together. Chris landed in London about a week or so ago to try and find work over here, maybe do an internship. London should take about an hour and a half from Bognor, on a good day. Sunday, is never a good day to travel in England. Trains are delayed, or cancelled or not running, or any other excuse to make Sunday a miserable day of travel. I got to the train station and found out I now had to wait 45 minutes for my train. Once on it, I had to get off at the next station and wait even longer for the next one. I was headed to London Victoria, when I needed to go to London Bridge. So i hopped off, ran platforms and got on the right train.. Shortly after being on this one, I got a phone call from Michelle saying she wanted to meet at Westminster Abbey.. "no problem". This meant I had to switch back onto the original train that I was on!!! Sitting next to me was an older gentlemen who I asked for a bit of help, as he seemed to be more local than tourist looking in my opinion. I ended up spending about an hour or so travelling with him. He is a 43-year old mounty policeman. The day before, he worked in Wembley stadium on a horse for crowd control of the venue filled with 100,000 fans. So crazy. Really nice guy, and he pointed me in the right direction. When I finally met up with the girls and Chris, we did a bit of walking around, went to a pub to grab some food. Then I couldn't help myself, I had to show them a real british shopping experience. Thats right, Primark. Primark in London was absolutely manic. I've never seen anything like it. Two floors of messy chaos!! We did a bit of shopping, then went our separate ways, as I knew I had a long journey ahead of me to get home. It was really nice seeing them, and I love going to London, so it was definitely a good day. The bad thing about London though, is the people. Its like all of the assholes of England, reside in London. Any person I talked to, was just miserable and rude. And god forbid you made any eye contact with people in Primark.. you would've been stabbed. On the train home, I sat with a guy named Ed. He recently graduated from the university of Chichester (town near bognor) with a French & Anthropology degree. He was coming home from a weekend in London for one of his friends birthdays. The day before, he saw Rupert Grint in a cafe in London... yes that is Ron Weasley! SO JEALOUS. He was a really funny guy, and good company to have on the somewhat long journey home. Matt picked me up from the train station with his friend Wick. She used to work safety and her boyfriend, who also worked with them, was down for the night. They are some of Matts closest friends, so we all went for a drink when I was back. It ended up being a really funny night, and I learned that I can outdrink Matt with jager. Well done Canada. ;) This morning I was treated with a breakfast sandwhich for taking care of him being drunk. Not a bad way to start my morning. I got to work main gate today with him which was fun as well. Im working Centre Stage tonight with about seven redcoats so it should be a really good time. Well thats it for now, until next time xo.

1 comment: