2/13/2012

The Beginning

The past few days have been the start to February half term. After my first couple of training days, the resort opened and now it is fully booked, with people everywhere. It is amazing how many activities, and venues they have open and running at the same time. There are 36 redcoats, and once you are walking around its hard to not see one of us somewhere in uniform. I have signed over 10 autographs, which is sweet!!! Being a red is like a mini celebrity on resort, its the coolest thing. I got to walk around with Titan, who is a massive robot that interacts with his audience. I got to watch the Skyline Gang, Barney and Pingus shows, walk around with Cedric (the seagul) and Ludo (the dinosaur) to welcome guests at front gate. I spent an afternoon with Billy and Bonnie (his girlfriend) as well as Angelina the ballerina and Fireman Sam. I worked in Reds (home of the redcoats) a couple nights, which was great because I get to interact with the families, and dance with all the kids. I watched a magic show with them, then last night I saw the Pink tribute, followed by Take That, which was unreal! Such amazing shows! Upstairs in Center Stage was Lazy Town followed by the Lady Gaga tribute, and both venues were full! The environment is so positive and energetic, there is always stuff going on. Its a british Disneyland. Once off, we are aloud to use any of the venues we want and we get discounts on some of them too.

My accommodations definitely need some work. My roommate, Zoe and I are probably going to paint next week and buy some stuff to make it feel more like home. She lives just a short 30 minute drive away, and I've already met her family. All really  nice people. Then my other roommate has her own room right now, and she is from Hungary. She's a bit shy, but friendly as well.

Saturday was Dads last night in England so we went to Sarah and Shauns (my british parents basically) for a meal. It was another great night and I was obviously sad to see him go. I wish I could have all the people from home, come here and experience everything that Butlins and England has to offer. Ive been given such an amazing opportunity. Today is my very first day off, which I have spent so far sleeping in, and typing this. I have laundry that needs to be done, and then when Zoes off we are heading into town together to pick up some groceries, bed sheets, slippers, all that fun stuff. I better get up to shower and eat something, so have a fabulous day, and thanks for reading. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment