2/04/2012

The First Legal Evening

Warning: Plenty of JD's & coke, and 2am british time, on no sleep since I left Canada. Read with caution.

Currently, there is a video of Dad and I dancing to Footloose drunk, playing on the tv from someones cell phone. Tonight was absolutely outrageous! It started off at the main entertainment center in Butlins, and rounds of drinks for everyone. It is an adult weekend, meaning no kids, and lots of alcohal. The general feel is bachelor and bachelorette parties aka hen & stag parties. Not only is everyone drunk, they are all dressed up, its an outrageous version of Halloween. There are groups of flight attendents, wheres waldos, farmers, pilots, hippies, pacmans & ghosts, so many different outfits. They had a cover band start and it was fantastic, tons of good music and drinks for everyone. We were in the VIP section, and nearly no waiting on drinks. Then when the cover band was done, we went to the tent, and watched karoke, which was hilarious as well. Three drunk blokes sang the last song which was 'Dont stop Believin' by Journey. Made me think of home. Then we headed to a 'Silent Disco'. My reaction to this was 'what the hell is a silent disco?!' We walk in and are greeted by Redcoats. They gave us each a set of headphones. When you walk in, there is no music, and your headset plays two different setlists. So without the headphones on, it just looks like people drunkenly dancing in silence to very different beats. When you put the headset on, it all makes sense. It was absolutely hilarious and a great time! I don't even think we have anything like that in Canada. After this bar, we headed back to center stage for Belinda Carlisle. The lead singer of the Go Gos. She is now 54 years old, and my Dad is absolutely in love with her. He saw her when he was just 18 years old, and has loved her since. He had to get as close as he could, so he was front row singing and dancing to every song she sang. It was a great night of drinking, and dancing and soaking up some british culture. Tonight was my first night of legal drinking, and I absolutely used that opportunity. I'm off to bed so my body can maybe attempt to realize what country it is in. Tomorrow i'm going to go around Bognor Regis, the town and check things out. I move into my housing and train in just a few short days. I'm so happy with my decision to come here, and im so happy Dad came with me for the first week. Sweet dreams! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment